I'm a language editor from a hard science background. Most of my editing experience is in academia.
I offer skilled, prompt language editing services. I cover:
- Basic language issues such as spelling and grammar
- Fine-tuning of narration style and tone
- Technical document modifications including formatting and layout
- Formatting of bibliographies and indices
I'm happy to help with projects of any size. Typical projects include:
- Academic items such as masters/doctoral theses, research papers and shorter essays
- Career items such as CVs, cover letters and personal profile passages for sites such as LinkedIn
- Works of fiction including novel drafts and plays
- Biographies and other non-fiction work such as textbooks and training material
- Advertising and promotional material
I can assist with academic documents which are required to conform to the APA style. I can also assist with basic LaTeX formatting.
Contact details can be found under the Engage tab.
Send me what you need edited and I'll send you a quote. The price is based on the volume of text and the analytical level of the required editing. The prices that follow serve as a guideline only:
- Language only - basic language check: R20 per page.
- Language, document flow and formatting - language check, flow editing, document formatting: R30 per page.
- Comprehensive editing - extensive rewrites, flow editing, document structure and formatting: R40 per page.
- Particularly technical content - familiarizing myself with domain-specific language: an additional R10 per page.
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on .
I prefer and respond quickly to e-mails, but call me if you have any concerns or questions.